Thank you for your support of Faithful Fathering this past year. Efforts to engage dads in raising a godly generation are producing fruit with the reinvigoration of churches on the fathering front. FF is at work to energize a core group of dads, a lay-leadership team in churches to start a fathering movement across the city, state and beyond.
The vision is to raise the bar on the fathering front individually for dads and corporately for churches and their surrounding communities in Houston and other cities. Faithful Fathering is committed to moving forward in the spirit of Elijah to “turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers” (Malachi 4:6) for the sake of raising a godly generation.
Here is a short overview of where the Lord has us and where He is leading:
Past year: A number of churches have engaged dads & kids in fun Activities including overnights, bonfires and fishing outings; Conducted Studies for dads like Dads Becoming Heroes; and, helped dads & kids Stay connected as they mature through father-daughter and father-son weekend retreats. Behind the scenes the restructuring of FF’s Board through the establishment of Marketing and Development committees is realizing results.
- Under Marketing, you have helped us produce over 50 one-minute videos called “Faithful Moments”. These were distributed weekly along with the “Dad Talk” blog and other upbeat posts across the social media platforms to encourage dads on the journey. To view videos to date, click HERE.
- Under Development, the goal was to build a stronger financial base and an upward trend in revenue that would allow the ministry to add a key employee. In partnership with you, we have taken positive steps toward this goal. Your prayerful and financial support are coveted as we continue to strengthen the financial base by $100K and establish a revenue trend that will sustain a new full-time employee.
Future: FF is entering its nineteenth year of operation and the Lord is opening up three dimensions for the ministry:
- Establishing and nurturing core groups / lay-leadership teams of dads that drive the PASS the BATON strategy in churches;
- Coordinating and conducting events such as the regional Fathering Conferences and Leadership Luncheons as well as periodic retreats and summer adventures – all focused on helping dads PASS the BATON well to the next generation; and,
- Quantifying fathers as a force in the church through introduction of a 10-question survey conducted to provide a measurement of the status quo for the church on the fathering front. (A pilot of this church-specific survey was conducted this past summer.)
Faithful Fathering humbly asks for your continued partnership in this next chapter of ministry. For your convenience, there are three ways to financially support Faithful Fathering:
- Send a check to: Faithful Fathering, P.O. Box 1702, Sugar Land, TX, 77487-1702;
- Give online via: www.faithfulfathering.org
- E-check, stock or other assets via: Faithful Fathering Single Charity Fund with the National Christian Foundation, call Melissa McNier at 832.255.2028; or go online to: https://houston.ncfgiving.com/3550
We also covet continued support spiritually through your prayers for the ministry and practically in helping develop a broader network of connections to engage others that are passionate about encouraging and equipping dads to be faithful fathers. Please contact Rick directly if there is an opportunity to speak at your church or organization.
Faithful Fathering is an ‘upstream’ ministry that we strive to “do right” because fathers are the solution for many societal woes we face today. With your support, we will continue being faithful on this mission and help dads PASS the BATON well to the next generation.
Prayer guide: Father, thank You for the many gifts and blessings in our lives, may we never take them for granted. You have Faithful Fathering uniquely positioned as an upstream ministry to work through the Church to encourage and equip dads in raising a godly generation. Strengthen us for the journey to help every man prioritize physical presence, be engaged emotionally and lead spiritually by example. A generation is in the balance. Let the heart-turning begin now in the powerful name of Jesus the Christ. Amen.
A faithful father raises the bar for fathering individually and corporately in his church.