She knew something was up. Usually on Sunday mornings she would be the first one up but this morning there were stirrings in the house before she was fully awake. Then the kids and dad burst into her room, tray in hand with pancakes, a bowl of fruit and a fresh cup of coffee! She was getting breakfast in bed! Then they presented a big Mother’s Day card with signs that everyone had contributed to making it. Inside the card were lots of, “You’re the Best Mom!”, “Thanks, Mom” and “Luvya, Mom” along with service coupons for everything from washing her car to washing the dog to getting themselves ready for church. It was a special Mother’s Day for sure!
Don’t panic dads, you have another week. I thought you might appreciate a heads up with some tips from my bride.
Tips for Dads for Mother’s Day:
- Help kids draft a unique Mother’s Day card
- Provide breakfast in bed with favorite coffee or tea
- Get the kids ready for church
- Wash and detail car – kids’ project with dad
- Give her a Spa Day – if daughters in the house
- bubble bath,
- manicure & pedicure
- Give her a flowering plant – if sons in the house
- service certificate for planting in desired location
- plant flowers with dad
- Enjoy a day of shopping & lunch out
- Make a gift basket with her favorite snacks
- Make a gift basket with relaxing teas or specialty coffees
- Get her some gift cards from her favorite stores
- Grill out for dinner - kids fix the sides
- Restore the kitchen – clean and in perfect order
Certainly these tips are for the mother of your children but don’t forget your mom, grandmother or aunt that played a big role in your life.
“Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.” – Exodus 20:12 The fifth commandment is the bridge between the first four and last five commands of God; It is the bridge Jesus provides between loving God with all your heart, mind and soul and loving your neighbor as yourself; and it is the bridge you are between the generation past and the one you are raising. Exemplify honor this day to a new level and enjoy the blessings the Lord your God has given you.
Prayer guide: Lord, too often I take the blessings in my life for granted. Thank You for the mother You blessed me with. Thank You for the mother of our children and for the family You have blessed me with. Teach me to love as You love Lord. While this may be a special day for Hallmark every day should be Mother’s Day in our home by Your grace and for Your glory. Amen.
A faithful father honors his mom and the mother of his children every day.