“Thank you for coming beside us. We feel like we are the forgotten warriors.” This was the comment from a new core group of dads recently that confirms Faithful Fathering as an ‘upstream’ ministry. Faithful fathers are the solution to many societal woes. The charge is to encourage and equip the ‘forgotten warriors’, dads, to raise the bar for fathering individually and corporately in the Church. A generation is in the balance.
Faithful Fathering is on a mission to establish and energize core groups of dads in churches with the PASS the BATON, lay-led strategy and start a fathering movement through the Church. Here is a short overview of where the Lord has us and where we feel He is leading:
Past year: Two regional leadership breakfasts were held on the north side of Houston that resulted in five new churches moving forward to establish a core group of dads. Our MVP conference on the south side of Houston encouraged dads to be Motivated, have a Vision for their family and be Purpose-filled on the journey as a father. And we facilitated over fifty meetings with core groups across the city;
- On the Marketing front, Faithful Fathering now has over ninety videos available. Most provide one-minute ‘tips for dads’, a number of slightly longer videos provide specific encouragement and we have three full studies available to equip dads on the fathering journey. These, along with this weekly “Dad Talk” blog and other upbeat posts across the social media platforms are all about encouraging and equipping dads to be faithful fathers. One way to access our videos is through our YouTube channel. Also, the studies are now easily accessible at faithfulfathering.org/educate; and,
- Faithful Fathering recognized two churches in the Houston area, Memorial Church of Christ and Sagemont Church as the first to achieve the BATON metric of ’10’ - Both have implemented the PASS strategy for several years and have now established solid 'Next steps' to raise the bar for fathering in their church and beyond.
Future: FF is entering its twentieth year on mission for dads. What we see the Lord opening up are three dimensions for the ministry:
- Establishing and nurturing core groups / lay-leadership teams to start a fathering movement in their church and beyond;
- Connecting with a younger generation of dads through a dynamic and consistent presence across the social media platforms.; and,
- Coordinating and conducting events such as the regional Fathering Conferences and Leadership Luncheons/Breakfasts as well as periodic retreats and summer adventures.
Behold, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the Lord. He will turn the heart of fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers, so that I will not come and strike the land with a curse. – Malachi 4:5-6. Faithful Fathering is committed to moving forward in the spirit of Elijah.
Since its founding as a mission for dads in the Church, Faithful Fathering has never said no to a church or charged for services. The ministry relies on individual giving for approximately 70% of the operating budget. We have been blessed by the support of folks like you that see the value of a dollar spent ‘upstream’. Faithful Fathering humbly asks for your partnership to arm the ‘forgotten warriors’, dads that will step forward on the battlefront for fathers and family.
There are three ways to financially support Faithful Fathering:
- Send a check to: Faithful Fathering, P.O. Box 1702, Sugar Land, TX 77487-1702;
- Give online via: faithfulfathering.org
- E-check or credit card via: Faithful Fathering Single Charity Fund with the National Christian Foundation, go online to: ncfgiving.com/houston/faithful-fathering/ For stock, mutual funds or other assets, call Melissa McNier at 832.255.2028
We covet your support spiritually through prayers and physically in helping develop a broader network of connections to engage others that are passionate about encouraging and equipping dads to be faithful fathers. Please contact Rick directly if there is an opportunity to speak at your church or organization.
Faithful Fathering is an ‘upstream’ ministry that strives to ensure that the next generation will not need ministries spending valuable resources trying to fix what should never be broken – relationship with the Father through our earthly father. With your support, we will continue being faithful on this mission and help dads PASS the BATON well to the next generation.
Prayer guide: Lord, thank You for being our Father, for opening the door to relationship with You through Jesus the Christ. I confess I have been looking downstream for fixes in this world. Forgive me. It is only through You that I can learn to love as You love and lead as You led. Without You I am under water. Help me serve as Your man in upstream partnership with other men and ministries on the battlefront for fathers and family. And let heart-turning begin that will glorify You for generations to come. Amen.
A faithful father invests in upstream partnerships that glorify the Father.